The The Business Gold Rewards Card® from American Express OPEN is the perfect card for businesses that pay off their balances in full each month. The rewards offered are ideal for a range of individuals and businesses who like all of the perks of a rewards card, without having to carry a monthly balance.
In addition to exceptional rewards, another incentive we liked that the Business Gold Rewards Card offers is considerable bonus rewards points annually if you spend certain amounts on the card each year. These bonus points can be used for a variety of purposes such as for vacation packages, to purchase airline tickets, for gift cards, merchandise purchases, and to stay in certain hotels. At the time this review was written, American Express did not associate any blackout dates with the points. There was also no limit on the number of bonus points you can accumulate, and the points do not expire.
Some extra benefits of the Business Gold Rewards Card currently being offered are as follows:
- Free emergency roadside assistance for cardholders;
- No annual fee for the first year;
- No cash advance fees, over the limit fees, or balance transfer fees;
- A bonus of 25,000 points can be achieved when $50,000 of business purchases is brought to the card.
What Else You Need To Know
In order to apply for this card, applicants must have a credit score rating of at least “Good”. Other important information we liked regarding this rewards card (which may be subject to change) includes:
- The annual fee following the first complimentary year is $125.00;
- There is a $45.00 charge for additional gold cards;
- There is no annual fee for employee cards, which are referred to as “green cards”, held under the same business account;
- Late fees can be substantial and equal 2.99% of the outstanding balance, or a flat rate of $35.00, whichever is higher;
- The transaction fee for foreign use is 2.70%;
- Balances must be paid off in full each month.
Overall, the The Business Gold Rewards Card® from American Express OPEN is a good option for businesses that regularly pay off balances, but still need a steady line of dependable credit from month to month.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Review Written August 6, 2011. Card terms subject to change.