To upgrade two people on a round-trip flight, you would need four certificates. Upgrades to Class Premier (first-class) will clear in advance based on the normal Medallion upgrade windows.
If you have a Disney park on your shortlist of vacation destinations, you should know that Delta Vacations is one of the few solid ways to pay for Disney trips with points and miles. Very few other travel rewards programs allow you to use points of miles to book Disney theme park tickets. Still, with a thorough search, you can find some partner awards that offer great value when booked with SkyMiles. If you do need to fly to a specific destination on a specific date, you can head over to Delta’s website and choose to display the price in miles when searching for your flight. The cost of the flight will vary based on the routing and the dates selected.
Delta SkyMiles has recently added a lifetime status upgrade to its program. A Diamond Medallion status can now be attained with six million MQMs accumulated. There is no way to get Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum lifetime status at American Airlines because the AAdvantage lifetime status is so worthless. Delta SkyMiles do not expire, but they do reset after each year. It should be noted that all MQMs earned in 2021 will be counted toward Medallion status in 2022. Every time you reach the threshold for Medallion status, you will be upgraded to a level that will increase your status in 2023.
Learn About Credit Cards
Delta’s special customer service team also monitors 360 members’ flights for tight connections and may dispatch a Porsche to your plane for a VIP gate transfer. Delta 360 members get the same benefits as Diamond Medallion members (above), plus the benefits below. If you live in a major Delta market such as Atlanta or New York, you may have to spend $100,000+ per year. Delta has a very exclusive invite-only elite level called Delta 360 for the most profitable Delta Medallion members.
- It’s a nice perk, as it lets you focus on the benefits you value most and skip the ones you’d never use.
- If you just waitlist for Delta One, you would only use one certificate.
- After spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- If you do choose to transfer miles, you can transfer no more than 150,000 per year, and each SkyMiles account may receive a maximum of 300,000 miles per year.
- For rates and fees of the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card, click here.For rates and fees of Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, click here.
- Most notably, only at Diamond status do you get to pick 4 Global Upgrade Certificates as a single Choice Benefit.
But the regional upgrades are tempting if you plan to use them on routes with Delta One lie-flat seats such as New York to Los Angeles, or Atlanta or Minneapolis to Honolulu. Comfort+ offers three extra inches of legroom, reserved overhead bin space, and free alcoholic beverages. This is an 80% bonus over non-elite members, who only earn five (5) SkyMiles per dollar.
Delta Cuts Sky Club Access For Employees
Centurion Card Members who are awarded complimentary Platinum Medallion Status must fly a minimum of eight Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) after Status is awarded to be eligible for Choice Benefits. Diamond Medallion status is the highest published status level in the SkyMiles program. It normally requires 125,000 MQMs or 140 Medallion-qualifying segments plus $15,000 MQDs each year. Valid on Delta-marketed, Korean Air-operated flights for use globally on Delta’s published fares booked in Y or B class to Korean Air’s Z class, or booked in M class to Korean Air’s O class.
Instead, I write primarily about cards which earn airline miles, hotel points, and some cash back (or have points that can be converted into the same). US Airways before it only ever begrudgingly offered lifetime Silver status at 1 million flown miles. And even the passengers from US Airways flight 1549 only got elite status for the rest of that same membership year. The article was about getting to Delta’s benefits via tier status that was achieved via alternative means.
Plus, as a million miler, you’ll get some additional gifts upon qualifying, such as gift cards. You can check your progress towards Delta million miler status by logging into your SkyMiles account. On your account summary page you’ll see your progress towards million miler lifetime elite status.
- If we assume that you’ll also earn 40K MQMs through actual flying each year, then every 5 years you’ll hit another Million Miler milestone.
- Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
- For a $250 annual fee, this business card earns 3x SkyMiles on Delta purchases and qualifying purchases made directly with hotels.
- What are your thoughts on Delta’s new lifetime Diamond Medallion status option for those fliers who earn 6 million MQMs.
- But the benefits of being a SkyMiles member doesn’t end there because you’ll also earn qualifying miles, dollars, and segments.
For example, if a Diamond and non-elite or Medallion member are traveling together, both upgrades will clear at the Diamond window or priority, if available. However, they are still eligible for First Class (recliner seat) upgrades for international flights to nearby destinations like the Caribbean, Canada, and Central America. However, this lounge access is not as good as the access as a Star Alliance or OneWorld elite member, who also enjoy lounge access on domestic flights. For example, if you were flying Delta internationally, you could access the Air France Lounge or another SkyTeam airline lounge. For example, only flights within the State of Hawaii are eligible for MQDs on Hawaiian Airlines.
Delta just announced that its most loyal customer has crossed the 14-million-mile threshold. It takes the average customer 22 years of consistent flying and loyalty to reach one million, but one passenger has amassed 14 times that over a three-decade period. American was the last, they didn’t close it until late in 2011 (all miles from all sources counted toward either Lifetime Gold or Lifetime Platinum).