Almost rivaling Rolex with its list of ambassadors, Audemars Piguet’s golf roster reads just like a veritable who’s who in the sport.
Just about 20 golfers grace the lineup, including Northern Irishman Darren Clarke and British golfer Ian Poulter.
Poulter has been seen wearing a variety of Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watches.
The modern history of the Open is virtually inseparable from Rolex.
Tiger Woods, one of golf’s greatest players, wearing a Rolex Day-Date 40 anniversary edition with fluted bezel and green dial.
- Right now, Rolex’s nemesis Omega dominates China—Omega is the other “mass class,” entry-level luxury timepiece—simply because it’s better-established there.
- When Mercedes Gleitze swam over the English Channel in 1927, the initial woman to ever achieve this, well, she did it with only a swimsuit on.
Hideki Matsuyama wears a yellow gold and stainless steel Submariner LB “Bluesy” with blue Cerachrom bezel, sunburst blue dial, and two-tone Oyster bracelet. [newline]Rolex’s support of golf goes back to 1967 through the era of Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player – better referred to as The Big Three.
Wempe Waits For News Of Rolex Headquarters Plans On 5th Avenue
A 41mm Datejust II with jubilee bezel and blue dial will probably set you back around $13,000 USD on the secondary market.
After being dropped by LVHM’s TAG Heuer, PADRAIG HARRINGTON is now a brand ambassador for
- Rolex hopped on the wristwatch bandwagon in the early days of the 20th century, back when pocket watches were still considered far more proper for a gentleman.
- I like the truth that I’m in a position to wear my watch in all various kinds of environments and with various different types of outfits,” Woods told Rolex.
- Team Europe and Team USA face off in a competition that follows exactly the same format because the Ryder Cup.
is actually identical to Woods’ white gold Day-Date besides the case material and dial color.
But the Rolex Day-Date 40 in Everose gold also retails for $40,350 USD.
His go-to timepiece, however, may be the Rolex Deepsea D-Blue he’s often spotted wearing when on tour.
Join The Club
When Mercedes Gleitze swam across the English Channel in 1927, the initial woman to ever do so, well, she did it with just a swimsuit on.
But Rolex execs heard about her feat and the second time she did it she wore a Rolex Oyster the whole time to prove the piece’s water resistance.
In 1953, when climbers Sir Edmund Hillary Tenzing Norgay became the first men to climb to the very top of Everest, they did so wearing Rolex Oyster Perpetuals.
For more than 50 years, Rolex has been at the heart of golf, providing support for elite players, the main professional tours and governing bodies.
Inaugurated in 1990, the Solheim Cup is the foremost team event in women’s golf, showcasing the best possible talent from both sides of the Atlantic.
Team Europe and Team USA face off in a competition that follows exactly the same format because the Ryder Cup.
Some of the finest